Same-day dental crowns in Boston, MA … for unsurpassed convenience, comfort, cosmetic appeal
Silicon Valley doesn’t have a “corner” on technological innovation. Boston regularly tops the list of tech capitals. After all, we’ve got MIT and Route 128 (the “tech corridor”) right in our backyard. Anjum A. Ansari, D.M.D. General and Cosmetic Dentistry is also your destination for “high-tech” dentistry; advanced dental technologies are more than the “shiny object of the moment.” Processes that leverage tech advancements, such as same-day dental crowns in Boston MA at Dr. Ansari’s office, provide many substantial advantages over their earlier-generation, “manual” counterparts. They are quickly becoming the better and accepted way to maintain and restore the beauty and health of dental patients’ smiles.
The technology that “powers” same-day dental crowns is CEREC, which stands for “Chairside Economical Restoration of Esthetic Ceramics.” To appreciate the benefits of CEREC, let’s take a closer look at what the system stands for:
- Chairside – Every aspect of the crown process is handled in house, while you wait. Traditionally, crowns are completed in at least two visits. The first visit involves preparing your natural tooth and collecting the information needed for an outside lab to make your crown. The second visit involves removing the temporary crown and replacing it with the permanent, lab-made one.
- Economical – The tech-based approach to preparing, designing, making, and placing crowns is generally easy. Since crowns are made in a single visit, there is no need to take the “T” or hop in your car for two, three, or more trips to our office in the West End.
- Restoration – Dr. Ansari’s sophisticated software takes digital images of the tooth to be crowned, and then that information is used to design the crown and “mill” it from dental ceramic. Adjustments to the crown can be made in a matter of moments. No more return trips and waits for yet another crown to be made should it not fit or look perfect.
- Esthetic – Dr. Ansari doesn’t cut corners on the materials that are used to make your crowns and other restorations and oral appliances. Since the crown is milled from a block of quality dental ceramic, it looks like natural tooth material.
- Ceramics – Not only does the dental ceramic have the esthetic properties of natural tooth material, but it is highly durable. Crowns made with CEREC at the office of Anjum A. Ansari, D.M.D. General and Cosmetic Dentistry are built to last!
What are you waiting for? Discover the benefits of same-day crowns, made while you wait. Schedule an appointment with Dr. Ansari at her Boston, MA office. Call (617) 581-0689 today.