What are the benefits of routine dental cleanings?
Dr. Anjum Ansari of Boston, Massachusetts, is a dentist who urges patients to take the proper steps to achieve and maintain oral health and wellness. While brushing and flossing are a vital part of anyone’s oral health routine, so are regular examinations and cleanings with a team of dental professionals. In fact, there are many advantages to visiting the dentist regularly to undergo these cleanings.
What are six reasons to have dental cleanings performed regularly?
Below are just a few reasons for regular dental cleanings:
- To remove both tartar and plaque from your teeth. Plaque and tartar that form on the surfaces of natural tooth enamel can cause tooth decay and gum disease, two of the more commonly diagnosed issues found in the smile when poor oral habits occur. Gum disease is an infection of the mouth, while tooth decay causes cavities that require fillings to keep them from causing irreversible damage.
- To prevent bad breath. Halitosis is an issue that we all experience at one time or another. Regular visits can keep bacteria in the mouth at bay, reducing the risk of developing chronic bad breath.
- To keep your smile looking its best. Poor oral health habits can cause the shrinking of the gum tissues, staining of the teeth, and other complications that affect the aesthetics of the smile as well as the health.
- To help you avoid expensive dental procedures in the future. Many issues that are found sooner rather than later are less costly to remedy than untreated and undiagnosed problems left to grow into much more significant issues down the road.
- To detect oral health problems early, when they are most easily treated. Leaving dental issues undiagnosed and untreated is an easy way to cause significant damage to the smile.
- To improve your overall health by keeping your mouth healthy!
Request a visit today to learn more
Routine dental cleanings are important in maintaining good oral health and hygiene. They remove plaque and tartar from your teeth, which can cause tooth decay and gum disease. Regular cleanings also help to prevent bad breath, keeping halitosis from becoming a problem for you and those around you! If you live in the area of Boston, MA, and are interested in working with Dr. Anjum Ansari and her team to achieve oral health and wellness, call (617) 581-0689 today and visit the office at 50 Staniford Street, 8th Floor.